You want an entry-level job as a web content writer. So your writing resume needs to be concise, interesting…and totally free of errors.
Focus on how you crank out copy for targeted readers. Provide a link to your online portfolio of writing samples. Also mention your fluency with content management systems (CMS) and related software.
Take a look at the following writer resume example aimed at securing an entry-level position in this field:
Alicia Washington, BA Communications
234 Robie Street, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3C8
Mobile: (902) 421-5450 AWashington@gmail.com
Writing Portfolio: AliciaWashington.com/Portfolio
TALENTED WEB WRITER (with strong references)
- Recent graduate in Communications from Acadia University
- Flexible writer for a variety of web and multi-platform applications.
- Sharp eye for detail (spelling, grammar, tonality).
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work with subject matter experts, adapting their knowledge into stories, articles, summaries and more.
Web Content Writer
Co-Op Placement via Acadia University
CITGO FUND SERVICES 2014 – 2015
- Wrote targeted content for consumer portion of website. Encompassed a range of financial service offerings.
- Created a brand new series of articles highlighting how Citgo’s consumers employ financial products throughout their needs lifecycles.
- Edited content contributions from staff to ensure accuracy, readability and brand-consistent tonality.
- Developed tutorial scripts, FAQ’s, emails and communication briefs.
- Prepared and presented analysis of existing CMS to senior management. Proposed a reduction in content turnaround times of 25% by deploying editorial calendar.
Freelance Writer (Occasional)
AS A STUDENT 2013 - 2014
- Wrote an array of web, mobile-based and print articles, reviews and communication briefings for e-magazines, newsletters and blogs.
Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia Sept 2012 - April 2015
BA in Communication
Relevant courses: Writing for the Web 205, Target Readership Analysis 312, Intro to Communications 101, Content Management Systems 120, Editing for Style and Precision 301.
Check out the listings for web and other writing jobs listed on Monster.ca now.
Dear Mr. Rocco
While conducting online research on content writing jobs I came across your ad and am submitting not only my resume but a few writing samples for your review and consideration. I have a degree in English and a solid background in writing for various clients throughout my freelance writing experience.
I currently write primarily for five clients whose major focuses include human resources training and development recruiting business management and social media. While following the Purdue OWL AP Style I create engaging content and am adept at including the natural use of keywords to increase search engine optimisation without interrupting the flow of the article. I have written press releases email newsletters and articles on various subjects related to business and job search questions and have received excellent ratings from my clients. I enjoy conducting the necessary research to make my articles relevant current and interesting and I bring my industry knowledge and experience to every project I tackle. I enjoy the freelance writing experience and am also open to a contractual arrangement as mentioned in your ad.
I look forward to hearing from you either by email or by phone at your earliest convenience. If you require writing samples of a more specific nature I’m sure I can provide them. Thank you for your time and consideration.