APA Paper Formatting & Style Guidelines
Your teacher may want you to format your paper using APA guidelines. If you were told to create your citations in APA format, your paper should be formatted using the APA guidelines as well.
- Use white 8 ½ x 11” paper.
- Make 1 inch margins on the top, bottom, and sides
- The first word in every paragraph should be indented one half inch.
- APA recommends using Times New Roman font, size 12.
- Double space the entire research paper
- Include a page header known as the “running head” at the top of every page. (To make this process easier, set your word processor to automatically add these components onto each page)
- To create the running head/page header, insert page numbers justified to the right-hand side of the paper (do not put p. or pg. in front of page numbers)
- Then type “TITLE OF YOUR PAPER” justified to the left using all capital letters
- If your title is long, this running head title should be a shortened version of the title of your entire paper
Sample running head/page header
APA Paper Components
Your essay should include these four major sections:
- Title Page
- Main Body
This page should contain four pieces: the title of the paper, running head, the author’s name, institutional affiliation, and an author’s note. Create the page header/running head as described above.
*Please note that only on the title page, your page header/running head should include the words “Running Head” before your title in all capitals. The rest of the pages should not include this in the page header. It should look like this on the title page:
- The title of the paper should capture the main idea of the essay but should not contain abbreviations or words that serve no purpose
- It should be centered on the page and typed in 12-point Times New Roman font. Do not underline, bold, or italicize the title.
- Your title may take up one or two lines, but should not be more than 12 words in length.
- All text on the title page should be double-spaced in the same way as the rest of your essay
- Do not include any titles on the author’s name such as Dr. or Ms.
- The institutional affiliation is the location where the author conducted the research
Sample Title page:
On the following page, begin with the Running title.
- On the first line of the page, center the word “Abstract” (but do not include quotation marks).
- On the following line, write a summary of the key points of your research. Your abstract summary is a way to introduce readers to your research topic, the questions that will be answered, the process you took, and any findings or conclusions you drew.
- This summary should not be indented, but should be double-spaced and less than 250 words.
- If applicable, help researchers find your work in databases by listing keywords from your paper after your summary. To do this, indent and type Keywords: in italics. Then list your keywords that stand out in your research.
Sample Abstract page:
On the following page, begin with the Body of the paper.
- Start with the Running title
- On the next line write the title (do not bold, underline, or italicize the title)
- Begin with the introduction. Indent.
- The introduction presents the problem and premise upon which the research was based. It goes into more detail about this problem than the abstract.
- Begin a new section with the Method. Bold and center this subtitle The Method section shows how the study was run and conducted. Be sure to describe the methods through which data was collected.
- Begin a new section with the Results. Bold and center this subtitle. The Results section summarizes the data. Use graphs and graphs to display this data.
- Begin a new section with the Discussion. Bold and center this subtitle. This Discussion section is a chance to analyze and interpret your results.
- Draw conclusions and support how your data led to these conclusions.
- Discuss whether or not your hypothesis was confirmed or not supported by your results.
- Determine the limitations of the study and next steps to improve research for future studies.
** Throughout the body, in-text citations are used and include the author’s/authors’ name(s) and the publication year. In APA format page numbers are not used in in-text citations.
Ex: (Wilkonson, 2009).
For more information about how to cite properly please see EasyBib’s guides for APA citations based on the sources you are using.
Sample Body page:
On a new page, write your references.
- Begin with a running title
- Center and bold the title “References” (do not include quotation marks, underline, or italicize this title)
- Alphabetize and Double-space all entries
- Every article/source mentioned in the paper and used in your study should be referenced and have an entry.
Sample Reference Page:
Simple essay about love thesis statement question examples grammar editor free ideas for college essays buy a essay mba writing write a paper for me . . How to write a good true love essay laredo roses. Essay titles explained may tok trump essay love example cv personal statement examples manager. Essay love our country quotes nice resume template . Apa th edition dissertation sample full text thesis pay for music . Simple essay about love thesis statement question examples .
Patriotism definition essay short essay about patriotism nhs essay servidem. Narrative essay about love. Ocr human biology coursework mark scheme program.
Related Post of Love essay examples
genre essay example
cover letter closing dummies
rubric for resume writing
geography coursework bitesize
time management case study video
case study legal research
case study gestational diabetes
the amazing cover letter creator
australian essay writing service
resume template skills based
resume template skills based
cover letter tips kent
essay about technology change
thesis statement for historical research paper
best essay writing uk
expository essay kite runner
pratt contact zone essay
sample annotated bibliography of a journal article
cover letter to employer with no names
creative writing instructor wanted
writing an essay to get into college
windows 7 cover letter template
research paper about technology topics
critical thinking questions for us history
i don39t want to write this research paper
university research paper outline
resume writing experienced professionals
essay based on leadership
cover letter accounting graduate student
national honor society essay sample requirements
case studies educational psychologist
professional cv template for engineer
resume sample college student internship
how to write a curriculum vitae for nurses
cover letter cambridge university
cv writing a profile
creative writing professor job outlook
writing a master39s thesis
literature review research methodology pdf
where can i find research papers online
longest essay in college
creative writing scholarships for high school students 2013
kite runner essay with quotes
cover letter language professor
content writing services us
personal statement sample to harvard
personal statement examples for 6th form college
writing an essay for college placement test
esl resource center
strengths and weaknesses of case study
prentice hall essay scorer login
personal statement rules
examples of a research paper thesis statement
writing a good essay hook
personal statement for applying scholarship
parts of essay introduction
interesting argumentative essay ideas
personal statement for 2 subjects
cv samples for office work
critical thinking cambridge university press
common application essay for college 2012
executive abridgment writing service
mla citation guide for high school
resume template word free download
resume layout examples free
personal statement starting sentence
professional cv writing services south africa
cover letter example quality assurance
critical thinking training free
resume templates hr professionals
write character analysis essay conclusion
how to write a letter of interest template
college brief objectives
application letter template for secretary
honors biology research paper
personal statement vs letter intent
creative writing fellowship nea
free nursing term paper
personal statement for pharmacy and biochemistry
thesis statement research paper generator
sample resume for legal professionals
creative writing cv examples
write a research paper apa format
executive outline writing service michigan
example of research paper with website citations
case study on different types of pollution
mla in text citation website generator
google case study 2006
college essay heading sample